Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MMR



I took the leap and let Nora get the MMR shot yesterday at her 4 yr. old well visit. She seems to be handling it just fine. I don't really have any fears anymore. I think because she is quite healthy and has been seizure free for so long. And her development is progressing non stop. She is still off on vaccines but I am not too worried about the others. So hopefully we won't see any bad side effects. Knock on wood.

She is 94th% for weight and 57th% for height. Ooff. Big girl.

Dr. K said I should start giving her 1% milk instead of 2%. And go down to skim eventually. That seems so wrong. I grew up on whole milk. I now use 2% in my cereal and I don't usually drink milk. I do have skim in a latte though. Emma is tiny so she drinks 2%.

Alex gets home tonight. It's been a long 2 weeks. Between girl scouts, dance class, ski lesson, speech therapy, doctor appts., gymnastics, play dates, volunteering, birthday celebration at school, and all the regular house stuff, I am wiped out. I need a nap.

Nora's party is on Sat. and Emma and I go see Annie the play on Sun. and Alex and I get a night out Sun. Whoohoo.

Thanks for checking in

Lori

2 comments:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Alex has been gone for 2 weeks...ugh...that has got to be hard. I hope that you have help.

Lori said...

He was gone the last week of Jan., came home for 2 days and then left again for 6 days. It's the weekends that kill me. We are pretty scheduled during the week. My in laws live here and are a big help. And I have lots of good friends to help if needed. I just got home from picking him up at the airport! Back to normal. :)