Wednesday, December 5, 2007

12 days of Alex gone.....

Alex left today for Whistler. He'll be gone for 12 days. Uggggg..... I usually can handle 7 days no problem but after that I start to go a bit stir crazy. Nora and Emma are both a bit sick. They have runny noses and Emma has a cough. Nora has been waking up at 5 am every morning so I am looking forward to no sleep for 2 weeks.

Nora has her first evaluation on Friday at the Autism center. Hopefully we'll find out more info on her diagnosis.

I also am on the fence about giving the girls vaccines. Nora hasn't had one since she was 12 months and I've slowed down Emma's schedule. I know there is no "proof" that vaccines can cause various conditions (um, let's see, autism, seizure disorders....) and Nora has other neurological issues, but it just scares the crap out of me to put anything into her little wee body that may make her regress in anyway. She is NOT getting a pertussis vaccine ever again and maybe not the MMR. What's worse, whooping cough and measles or being unable to talk or walk for the rest of your life? I'll take whooping cough. I don't object to vaccines for most kids, but kids w/neuro issues and developmental issues, I think there needs to be more research of the side effects. It is such a hard decision and may affect the rest of their lives.

It's hard to be a grown up. That's what I told Emma today while fighting her to get dressed. I told her I needed her to help while Daddy's gone and she said "I'll take care of you and you can take care of me and Nora, Mommy." That's a deal for sure. Little pumpkin.

Have a good day.
Lori

No comments: