Friday, November 14, 2008

Sensory disorder?

Yesterday Nora's OT/PT at school asked me to fill out a sensory disorder questionnaire on Nora. When we first realized something was wrong with Nora, one of the issues was sensory problems. She still has some major issues- like not liking her hair or teeth brushed, she puts lots of stuff in her mouth, hates having her nose wiped, touches textures a lot, rubs skin (mine or her own) , she doesn't enjoy cuddling or being held against her will, and she won't use a cup-only sippy cups. Sounds pretty typical of a two year old I think. But I think she is more hyper sensitive to these things than other kids her age. I am not sure what this will do for her therapies. Maybe more OT and focus on sensory. I am not sure.

My cousin Kelly, her husband Dan and kids Zoe and Mason stopped by for dinner last night. It was so nice to see them. Emma and Zoe played so nicely and Mason and Nora were funny together. They were so happy and impressed on Nora's progress.

Thanks for checking in
Lori

No comments: