Thursday, September 17, 2009

Preschool take me away

Nora has been doing some pretend play with the doll house. She calls it the dog house because there is a dog and cat that she likes to play with. This is a good step in her development. She also said a 6 word sentence the other day "Plane fly up in the sky" Pretty good my little chatterbox.

Even though she is making so many gains, I can't wait for her school to start. Monday morning the bus will pick her up. Not a moment too soon. It has been a long summer for Nora and me. She only had 4 days of summer camp in July. Other than that, it has been a lot of mommy and Nora time since her last day of school in June. I am starting to go a bit batty. I love her to bits but man I need a little space. Shouldn't the bathroom be a one person place? Not for Nora. She is constantly at my side and needs A LOT of attention. If you don't pay attention to her, she screams, pulls on me, cries, climbs on me, etc. And she is constantly singing and talking. She has a few obsessive behaviors that get a bit old after awhile. "What's a cow say? Mooooo. What's duck say "quack quack" and so on through every farm animal. For hours if I'd let her. I am ready for a break. She is at school M-F for 2 hours and 15 minutes and the bus is probably a 30 min ride each way. Aaaahhhhh. It will be a nice break for both of us.

Stay tuned for first day of school news!

Lori

1 comment:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Nora reminds me SO MUCH of Sophie. Yes, the bathroom should be for one person...please explain that to my girls too!!! It is either lock them out and deal with a huge meltdown or have them sit on my lap. I have been strategically planning my potty breaks ;)

The attached to the hip thing is hard at this age!!! They are so big and so heavy that it is physically exhausting.

Sophie started school last month but the week before she started, I think I cried at least once a day. Not because I was sad that she was going but because I didn't know if I could make it through another day.

Can't wait to hear about her first day.