Saturday, September 26, 2009

school and other random stuff

Emma likes to wear matching pj's with Nora.


The first week of school has gone quite smoothly for Nora. Nora's bus driver is great. He is super nice and really helpful. The bus is supposed to be at our house 20 minutes earlier but due to his other bus route, he doesn't get to our house until 8:15 which is the exact time I am supposed to be dropping Emma off at school. Hopefully next week he'll be able to come a bit earlier. He is trying to change the route. And he gave me his cell number in case I need to get in touch with him. How nice is that?

Nora's first day in class was hectic. The class was a tad rambunctious. there were a lot of new faces. Nora was in the afternoon class last year and now is in the morning. I went in and observed M & F. She did great. She looks like such a big girl. I am glad she is back with the same teacher. There are about 5 or 6 adults in the classroom with 16 kids. There are usually a few aides (teaching students from UW), an OT or SLP and the teacher and assistant teacher. The ratio is 8 typical to 8 special needs kids. I am so happy school is back in session!!!

It's been a long week. Alex has been gone all week. He is in Asia for work and gets back Sun. I am taking a girls night away tonight so Grandma is staying with the girls. Yahoo!! Emma has a cross country meet on Sun. She is on the team for school. I asked her how she likes it and she said "I like everything but the running part". I guess she won't be on the Olympic team for running. Oh well.

I have no pictures from school. I forgot to bring my camera. And I have been trying to get Nora on video playing with her doll house but she stops when she sees the camera. I have to try to be stealthy.

Thanks for checking in.

Lori

No comments: